Summer Fellowship Program
The Columbus Foundation is committed to strengthening the nonprofit sector in central Ohio. Through its Summer Fellowship Program, the Foundation also engages the next generation of young leaders in the sector through career-related work.
Student Eligibility Requirements
Eligible – Are you a college junior, senior, graduate student, or recent graduate that attended a Franklin County college or university, or graduated from a Franklin county high school?
Apply- Online by 1/16/15
Interview- Candidates will be selected by the host organizations for interviews in late February.
Serve- The 10-week fellowship starts June 1 and ends August 7, 2015
In their own words! A video highlighting the Summer Fellowship Program.
The Columbus Foundation’s Summer Fellowship program places a limited number of students with Franklin County nonprofit organizations for a period of 10 weeks. A stipend is paid to Fellows through the nonprofit’s payroll system. Students selected to be Fellows during one year are prohibited from applying the following years. Finalists are interviewed by nonprofits for selection.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a college junior, senior, May/June 2015 graduate, or a graduate student in the fall of 2015 and have graduated from a Franklin County high school; or
- Be a junior, senior, May/June 2015 graduate, or graduate student attending a Franklin County college or university.
Other highly desirable qualifications include:
- A strong academic record (preferably a cumulative grade-point average of 3.0 or above); and
- Strong English verbal and written communications skills.
To learn more about past fellowships, please visit the Summer Fellows Blog.
Student applications are due Friday, January 16, 2015.
Information for 2015 Student Applicants
Nonprofit Eligibility Requirements
An application by interested nonprofit host organizations for The Columbus Foundation Summer Fellowship Program is due Friday, October 10, 2014.
The Columbus Foundation provides a limited number of college students the opportunity to work in Columbus area nonprofit organizations during the summer. Nonprofit organizations have the opportunity to host a summer fellow for a 10-week period from June 1, 2015 to August 7, 2015. Nonprofits must have a specific project or program to assign to the Fellow with specific objectives that will be completed during the 10-week period. Organizations selected will receive a grant to cover a stipend for the Fellow. All Fellows are required to work full-time as designated by their host organization.
The deadline for area nonprofits to submit their site application for the 2015 Summer Fellowship Program is Friday, October 10, 2014. Please check below for eligibility requirements and to download FAQs and the nonprofit organization application.
- Applying organization must have a current PowerPhilanthropy portrait.
- Applications must outline a specific project with clear scope and description that can be completed by the Fellow during the 10-week program.
- Organizations must designate a specific supervisor, desk/office space, and supplies (e.g. computer) for the Fellow.
- Organizations must attend opening and closing sessions, and allow the Fellow to attend occasional learning sessions highlighting topics regarding nonprofits.
- Applications from hospitals, colleges, universities, and government entities are not eligible to apply.
Downloads for Nonprofits for 2015
Application powered by WizeHive