Summer Fellowship Program
The Columbus Foundation is committed to strengthening the nonprofit sector in central Ohio. Through its Summer Fellowship Program, the Foundation also engages the next generation of young leaders in the sector through career-related work.
Student Eligibility Requirements
Eligible – Are you a college Junior, Senior, Graduate Student, or recent graduate that attended a Franklin County college or university, or graduated from a Franklin county high school?
Apply- Online by 2/7/14
Interview- Candidates will be selected by the host organizations for interviews in April.
Serve- The 10-week fellowship starts June 2 and ends Aug 8, 2014
In their own words!
A video highlighting the Summer Fellowship Program.
The Columbus Foundation’s Summer Fellowship program places a limited number of students with Franklin County nonprofit organizations for a period of 10 weeks. A stipend is paid to Fellows through the nonprofit’s payroll system. Students selected to be Fellows during one year are prohibited from applying the following years. Finalists are interviewed by nonprofits for selection.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a college junior, senior, May/June 2014 graduate, or a graduate student in the fall of 2014 and have graduated from a Franklin County high school; or
- Be a junior, senior, May/June 2014 graduate, or graduate student attending a Franklin County college or university.
Other highly desirable qualifications include:
- A strong academic record (preferably a cumulative grade-point average of 3.0 or above); and
- Strong English verbal and written communications skills.
Student applications are due Friday, February 7,2014.
Information for 2014 Student Applicants
Nonprofit Eligibility Requirements
An application by interested nonprofit host organizations for The Columbus Foundation Summer Fellowship Program is due Friday, November 8, 2013.
The Columbus Foundation provides a limited number of college students the opportunity to work in Columbus area nonprofit organizations during the summer. Nonprofit organizations have the opportunity to host a summer fellow for a 10-week period from June 2, 2014 to August 8, 2014. Nonprofits must have a specific project or program to assign to the Fellow with specific objectives that will be completed during the 10-week period. Organizations selected will receive a grant to cover a stipend for the Fellow. All Fellows are required to work full-time as designated by their host organization.
The deadline for area nonprofits to submit their site application for the 2014 Summer Fellowship Program is Friday, November 8, 2013. Please check below for eligibility requirements and to download FAQs and the Fellowship timeline.
- Applying organization must have a current PowerPhilanthropy portrait.
- Applications must outline a specific project with clear scope and description that can be completed by the Fellow during the 10-week program.
- Organizations must designate a specific supervisor, desk/office space, and supplies (e.g. computer) for the Fellow.
- Organizations must attend opening and closing sessions, and allow the Fellow to attend occasional learning sessions highlighting topics regarding nonprofits.
- Applications from hospitals, colleges, universities, and government entities are not eligible to apply.
Downloads for Nonprofits for 2014