Small Grants Program
The Small Grants provides support for several areas that align with donor focus. Applicants may apply for up to $25,000; however, the majority of the grants awarded will be $1,000 to $10,000.
|Area of Focus||Description||Amount Available|
|Animals||Health, Habitat, and Care||See Core Support Grants|
|Service Animals||See Core Support Grants|
|Green Funds||Conservation and Environment (May deadline only)||Closed|
|Community Improvement||Historical Preservation||Closed|
|Joseph A. Jeffrey Fund: supporting beautification and community improvement (October deadline only)||$90,000|
|Civic and Public Projects||Closed|
|Education||English Teachers in Private Preparatory Schools and Colleges/Universities||$5,500|
|School to Work Transition: for students not going to college||Closed|
|Children’s Mental Health||Closed|
|Family Practice Medical Education: emphasis on geriatric medical education (May deadline only)||Closed|
|In-service Education: for voluntary health organizations||$10,000|
|Vision Protection and Blindness Prevention||See Core Support Grants|
|Deaf or Hard of Hearing||See Core Support Grants|
|Blind or Visually Impaired||See Core Support Grants|
|Social Services||Character and Leadership Development in Youth||Closed|
|Community Planning for Human Services||Closed|
|Summer Camp Maintenance (October deadline only)||$46,500|
|Outside of Franklin County||Mary Eleanor Morris Fund: Religious, Educational, and Charitable Programs in Logan County (May deadline only)||Closed|
|R. Alvin Stevenson Fund: Health and Human Services in Hocking and Fairfield Counties (May deadline only)||Closed|
Grant Application Process
- Access, complete, and submit the application online. The form is accessible one month before the deadline.
- Applications must be submitted by the first Friday of May and October. Consult the Events Calendar for the specific deadline dates.
- With the exception of funds outside of Franklin County, the organization must have a primary impact in Franklin County.
- Operating support will only be considered when the applicant demonstrates continuous innovation that enhances services.
- A PowerPhilanthropy portrait is not required for this funding.
- A copy of your organization’s annual audit may be requested. Please review the Foundation’s Audit Requirement and Exemption Request Form (PDF).
- Grantees must submit a Final Report (PDF), due 30 days following the end of the grant period.
For questions, contact Emily Savors.
For Conservation, contact Dan Sharpe.
For technical assistance, contact Melissa Neely.
For the Mary Eleanor Morris Fund, contact Melissa Neely.
For the R. Alvin Stevenson Fund, contact Hailey Stroup.