As a donor, you will be alerted of these timely giving opportunities.
How you can support current relief efforts:
- Give to the The Columbus Foundation Disaster Relief Fund—This fund will support ongoing relief efforts for areas of disaster. Current disasters you can support through this fund:
- Florida, the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, and Texas have been devastated by recent storms. Support both the urgent and long-term rebuilding needs of residents in the areas most affected by hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria through this fund. If you would like to direct donations to a specific region, note this in the special instructions.
- California Wildfires have impacted thousands, and have recently this month destroyed at least 8,400 homes and buildings in Northern California, according to state officials. The scale of damage is among some of the worst from wildfires in state history. If you would like to direct donations to a support California Wildfire Relief, note this in the special instructions.
- Give to the Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund—Hurricane Harvey wreaked havoc on Houston and Central Texas, and the rains continued to fall, causing more widespread flooding—leaving thousands displaced, seeking shelter, and needing help. Mayor Sylvester Turner and County Judge Ed Emmett established a fund at the Greater Houston Community Foundation to immediately support those affected and fuel long-term recovery efforts.
Past Disaster Relief Efforts include:
- Japan’s Rescue and Relief Efforts – March 2011
- Oklahoma City Tornado Recovery – May 2013
- Philippines Super Typhoon Relief – November 2013
- Ebola Epidemic – October 2014
- The Carolinas Flood Disaster Relief – October 2015
- Tainan Disaster Relief - February 2016