Arts and Culture
This funding opportunity supports high-performing arts organizations whose primary mission and program offerings focus on the creation and presentation of performing, visual, and fine arts in Franklin County. Schools, colleges, universities, and organizations focused on arts education are not eligible.
The redesigned Arts & Culture Fund grantmaking program combines the previous Major and Community Arts categories in recognition of a vibrant and growing arts sector. The new process accepts eligible organizations through an open application process, features a streamlined application and a three-year grant term beginning in 2020. Organizations receiving funding will be required to submit financial information on non-application years, and will resubmit a full application on application years.
Grant Application Process
To apply for an Arts and Culture Grant:
- Contact a staff member with questions (or contact a staff member before applying if your organization has not recently received arts funding from The Columbus Foundation).
- Applications are currently being accepted. Access the application here.
- Applications are due by the first Friday in March. View Workshops & Deadlines for the specific deadline date.
- Organization’s with a primary impact in Franklin County will be considered.
- Organization’s with 501(c)(3) public charity status from the Internal Revenue Service can be funded. Fiscal sponsors are not permitted.
- All applicants provide an annual audit or 990 as attachments to the online application.
For all arts questions, contact Dr. Mark Lomax, II.
For technical assistance, contact Melissa McCool.