Core Support Grants
These grants provide multi-year support for administrative expenses, infrastructure costs, and programs. Successful applicants will demonstrate effectiveness, have a written strategic plan, and have an annual audit. Support is provided for up to three years. Grants will be made for organizations providing services in one of the following areas:
|Health, Habitat, and Care||$58,000|
|Deaf or Hard of Hearing||$9,000|
|Vision Protection and Services for the Blind or Visually Impaired||$17,000|
Grant Application Process
- Access, complete, and submit the application online. The form is accessible one month before the deadline.
- Applications must be submitted by the first Friday of March.
- Applying organizations must be in operation with 501(c)(3) status for a minimum of three years.
- Primary service area is Franklin County.
- It is best practice to have 100 percent of board members financially support the organization; a minimum of 75 percent of board members must financially support the organization.
- All applicants will be expected to provide annual audits for the past three years as attachments to the online application; please refer to the Foundation’s Audit Requirement and Exemption Request Form.
- Organizations with a strategic plan included with the application will be given priority. (Note: plan must cover two or more years, including the year support is requested for; have measurable objectives, an implementation plan, and a work plan.)
- Colleges, universities, hospitals, government entities, or public/private schools are not eligible to apply.
- Grants are awarded for up to three consecutive years. Payments in years two and three are contingent upon a progress report being submitted.
For questions, contact Emily Savors.
For technical assistance, contact Melissa Neely.