STUDENTS: Log in to WizeHive to access your general scholarship application.
PASSWORD RESET
Please enter your email address and we'll send you instructions on how to reset your password.
Neighborhood Partnership Grants

Neighborhood Partnership Grants


 undefined

 

The Neighborhood Partnership Grants (NPG) program is a collaborative sponsorship of The Columbus Foundation, United Way of Central Ohio, the City of Columbus, and PNC. The program is designed to support neighborhood organizations and improvements in low- and moderate-income areas of Franklin County. Projects must be resident driven and supported, neighborhood specific, and are not required to be large or sophisticated for grant consideration.

 

Proposed projects should focus on one of the following areas:

  • Community and Economic Development
  • Education and Public Awareness
  • Crime Prevention and Safety
  • Home Improvement and Homeowner Education

 Grant Application Process

 

  • Information sessions for 2017 applicants will be held at the United Way of Central Ohio, 360 South Third Street. Please contact Jennifer King at 614-227-8715 or by email to register.
    • Wednesday, November 16, 2016 at 5:30pm, and
    • Thursday, November 17, 2016 at 2:00pm 
  • The application for 2017 Neighborhood Partnership Grants will be available November 30, 2016. Go to https://liveunitedcentralohio.org/neighborhood-partnership-center/ and click on Neighborhood Partnership Grants. This page includes a direct link to the online application and other supporting materials including a practice proposal and FAQ information sheet.
  • Applications are due by 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, January 25, 2017. Applicants will be notified by email that their proposal has been received.
  • Applicants will be notified of grant decisions in April 2017, and funding is issued in June 2017.

Requirements

 

  • Applicants are required to provide their IRS Letter of Designation to confirm 501(c)(3) status. If an organization is using a fiscal sponsor, a signed authorization letter from the senior leadership of the sponsoring organization, along with that organization’s IRS Letter of Designation, is required with the application.
  • Two proposals are permitted per applying group. Applicants must demonstrate capacity to execute both projects in the event that both proposals are awarded funding.
  • The maximum amount of each grant is $10,000 annually. Proposed project activities should not exceed one year.
  • Prior-year grant recipients may apply for continued funding for a multi-year project, but funding in subsequent years is not guaranteed. Applicants seeking continued funding must reapply each year and are required to demonstrate positive, measurable outcomes, and meet stated objectives detailed in prior-year funding agreements.
  • Neighborhood Partnership Grant funds can constitute no more than 75 percent of the total project budget.  Proposals must detail the source(s) of the remaining 25 percent, whether in-kind donations, services, or monetary resources.

Staff Contact

 

For questions, contact Michael Wilkos.