The Columbus Foundation’s Fund for Financial Innovation supports transformative and pioneering ideas that demonstrate cost savings or increased earnings through social enterprise. Social enterprises are revenue-generating businesses with two goals: to achieve social outcomes and to earn revenue.
- Applications indicating a readiness to pursue a project will be most competitive.
- Applications addressing short-term cash flow needs or supporting core operating costs.
- Applications from hospitals, colleges, and universities.
- Applications designed to develop ideas.
Grant Application Process
- Submit a description of 250 words or less via email describing your organization’s proposed project including:
- List of other partner organizations, if any,
- How the project reinforces the core mission and values of your organization(s),
- How the proposed project is innovative, transformative, or pioneering,
- Plans for sustaining your project beyond the grant period, and
- How your project addresses social enterprise.
- Project descriptions are accepted at any time, there is no specific deadline.
- Projects that best fit the Foundation’s grantmaking interests and are strongly competitive will receive an application.
Applicants must have:
- A primary impact in Franklin County.
- All applicants will be expected to provide annual audits for the past three years as attachments to the online application; please refer to the Foundation’s Audit Requirement and Exemption Request Form.
Applicants can submit and/or be a part of multiple applications.
For questions, contact Emily Savors.