The Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation Community Garden Academy
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation Community Garden Academy grants provide support to begin and maintain thriving community gardens and greenspaces.
Applicants may request support for community gardens, nontraditional gardens, or greenspaces including:
- Produce for farmers’ markets
- School gardens
- Therapeutic gardens
- Beautification efforts
Funding and/or in-kind support may be awarded to new and existing gardens and greenspaces.
Successful garden projects should involve neighborhood residents, demonstrate positive measurable outcomes, and meet stated objectives.
Grant Application Process
Applications for the 2018 growing season were due on Friday, September 29, 2017.
- Awards will be announced after November 13, 2017.
- Projects awarded funding must submit a Final Report by August 31, 2018.
The fund welcomes applications from organizations that are recognized under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or those that have a fiscal sponsor.
- Gardens must have a primary impact in Franklin County.
- Funding must be for a project beginning in the upcoming growing season, and grant requests may not exceed $4,000.
- A portion of each grant award may be in the form of an in-kind contribution from The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company.
For questions, contact Hailey Stroup.