The Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation Community Garden Academy
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation Community Garden Academy grants provide support to begin and maintain thriving community gardens and greenspaces. Grant funds will be awarded for projects taking place in 2019.
Applicants may request support for community gardens, nontraditional gardens, or greenspaces including:
- produce for farmers’ markets
- school gardens
- therapeutic gardens
- beautification efforts
Funding and/or in-kind support may be awarded to new and existing gardens and greenspaces.
Successful garden projects should involve neighborhood residents, demonstrate positive measurable outcomes, and meet stated objectives.
Grant Application Process
- Projects awarded funding for the 2019 growing season must submit a Final Report by August 31, 2019.
- The ScottsMiracle-Gro Foundation Community Garden Academy grant opportunity is announced in late summer, with a typical application deadline in late September. Visit the Workshops & Deadlines page for more information.
- The fund welcomes applications from organizations that are recognized under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or those that have a fiscal sponsor.
- Gardens must have a primary impact in Franklin County.
- Funding must be for a project beginning in 2019, and grant requests may not exceed $4,000.
- A portion of each grant award may be in the form of an in-kind contribution from The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company.
For questions, contact Hailey Stroup.