The Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation Community Garden Academy
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation Community Garden Academy grants provide support to begin and maintain thriving community gardens and greenspaces.
Applicants may request support for community gardens, nontraditional gardens, or greenspaces including:
- Produce for farmers’ markets
- School gardens
- Therapeutic gardens
- Beautification efforts
Funding and/or in-kind support may be awarded to new and existing gardens and greenspaces.
Successful garden projects should involve neighborhood residents, demonstrate positive measurable outcomes, and meet stated objectives.
Grant Application Process
- Projects awarded funding must submit a Final Report by August 31, 2018.
- The Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation Community Garden Academy grant opportunity is announced in late summer, with a typical application deadline in late September. Visit the Workshops & Deadlines page for more information.
The fund welcomes applications from organizations that are recognized under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or those that have a fiscal sponsor.
- Gardens must have a primary impact in Franklin County.
- Funding must be for a project beginning in the upcoming growing season, and grant requests may not exceed $4,000.
- A portion of each grant award may be in the form of an in-kind contribution from The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company.
For questions, contact Hailey Stroup.