The Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation Community Garden Academy
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation Community Garden Academy grants provide support to begin and maintain thriving community gardens and greenspaces. Grant funds will be awarded for projects taking place in 2019.
Applicants may request support for community gardens, nontraditional gardens, or greenspaces including:
- produce for farmers’ markets
- school gardens
- therapeutic gardens
- beautification efforts
Funding and/or in-kind support may be awarded to new and existing gardens and greenspaces.
Successful garden projects should involve neighborhood residents, demonstrate positive measurable outcomes, and meet stated objectives.
Grant Application Process
- The application will be available through your online dashboard beginning Thursday, August 16. If you do not have a login to apply for grants, please register here.
- Applications must be submitted online no later than 11:59 p.m. on Friday, September 28, 2018.
- A complete application must include the Project Narrative/Budget Form (available for download during the online application process) and one photo of the project site. Incomplete applications will not be considered for funding.
- Awards will be announced after November 12, 2018.
- Projects awarded funding must submit a Final Report by August 31, 2019.
- The fund welcomes applications from organizations that are recognized under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or those that have a fiscal sponsor.
- Gardens must have a primary impact in Franklin County.
- Funding must be for a project beginning in 2019, and grant requests may not exceed $4,000.
- A portion of each grant award may be in the form of an in-kind contribution from The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company.
For questions, contact Hailey Stroup.