TCF GENERAL APP
Better World Scholarship Fund
The scholarship encourages women to acquire a degree in a science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) field. The donor’s bachelor’s degree is in mathematics, followed 15 years later with a master’s degree in business administration. Her degree in mathematics provided opportunities for jobs in software development and application, medical research, technical documentation, organizational education and training, scientific research, and business. Her career was challenging, dynamic, encouraged creativity, never boring, offered schedule flexibility that allowed her to parent her four children, provided career choice independence, and was lucrative. Go STEM Girls!
- Candidates must be a graduating high school senior or past graduate of a high school in Delaware, Fairfield, Franklin, Licking, Madison, Morrow, Pickaway, or Union county.
- Candidates must be female.
- Candidates must have a minimum B average in math classes, and any other classes related to their field of study.
- Candidates must intend to pursue post-secondary education in a STEM field at a four-year college or university.
- Preference may be given to those who choose Gettysburg College in Gettysburg, PA; to those who pursue fields of study in technology, engineering, and math; or to those who are past recipients.
- Candidates must attend or plan to attend an educational institution in the U.S.
Contact person for more information:Scholarships Team
The Columbus Foundation