Thank you for your interest in hosting your own Big Table conversation!
What does it mean to be a host? As a host, you are committing to bringing together a group of people to collectively explore issues important to our community. Your conversation can happen any time on Wednesday, October 11, and in any place where guests feel comfortable. Check out the Host Guidebook for everything you need to know about hosting your conversation!
As a host, you will:
- Identify and secure a location and time for your conversation to take place on Wednesday, October 11.
- Select a community topic (housing, education, etc.) for your Big Table conversation, or you can choose to have a more open-ended discussion utilizing the suggested conversation prompts and/or allowing participants to shape the direction of the conversation.
- Recruit 6 to 10 people and coordinate RSVPs for your Big Table conversation.
- Serve as your group’s conversation facilitator and ensure all voices are heard.
- Complete a brief survey after your conversation and encourage your guests to do the same.
After you register, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to the Host Toolkit with more resources, as well as periodic updates, including when to pick up your conversation supplies.
Please note that if you sign up to host a table, it will not be included in the list of publicly available tables offered through The Columbus Foundation website. This host registration is for folks hosting tables who are inviting guests and coordinating RSVPs independently.