Prepare to be a future nonprofit leader by gaining valuable, hands-on experience through our Summer Fellowship Program. Work with highly effective organizations that match your interests through a paid, career-focused program.
Watch past Summer Fellows describe their experience or read about it first-hand on the Fellows’ blog.
BECOME A SUMMER FELLOW
The Summer Fellowship Program places eligible students with Franklin County nonprofit organizations for a 10-week period. Students receive valuable experience and a paid stipend for their work, while nonprofits benefit from the additional support students provide to a specific program or objective.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Individuals fitting the following criteria are eligible to apply for the program:
- A college junior, senior, May or June 2022 graduate, or a graduate student; and
- A graduate of a Franklin County high school attending any four-year college or university; or
- A junior, senior, recent graduate, or a graduate student attending a Franklin County college or university.
The Fellowship is a 10-week program running from June 6, 2022 to August 12, 2022. This would include the full-time work of the Fellow, Learning Circle meetings, and any opening and closing orientation sessions for both the Fellow and the selected organization.
- Students meeting the minimum qualifications will send complete applications by the deadline.
- Each application will be reviewed by members of the selection committee. The selection committee will give each applicant a numerical score based on a set of criteria.
- These scores will be tallied. Foundation staff and the selection committee will move the top applicants into an interview phase. Each selected host organization will be sent information about two applicants.
- Selected organizations will interview both applicants and choose the one who they believe will be the best fit.
- Once the organization has chosen the best-fitting applicant, they will notify the Foundation.
- Foundation staff will contact each potential Fellow to complete a background check.
- Once the applicant’s background check is completed, the Foundation will notify the Fellow that he or she has been selected—and which organization they will be serving.
The Fellow will receive a stipend of $6,350. Each fellow is considered an employee of the host organization and will be paid through the organization’s payroll system.
If you are a nonprofit organization, please visit the Nonprofit Center to learn about how you can be involved in the Summer Fellowship Program.