A community-focused fund helping central Ohio individuals and families with emergency needs.
The Gifts of Kindness Fund was established in September 2014, with a generous gift of $500,000 from that compassionate donor. The goal is not only to provide financial support but to illustrate how acts of kindness throughout our community make a difference—and inspire others to do the same.
Make a contribution to the fund to help others in our community.
We were inspired to create the Gifts of Kindness Fund for two reasons: to provide meaningful, one-time, life-changing gifts to help lift people up during a setback, and to motivate others to participate in acts of kindness as well.
GIFTS OF KINDNESS FOUNDING DONOR
GIFTS OF KINDNESS GRANT EXAMPLES
Pictured: Distribution of grants from the Gifts of Kindness Fund, 2021-2022.
*other grants were also distributed to assist with essentials such as Wi-Fi/internet bills, storage/moving fees, and extermination treatments.
Gifts of Kindness has been life-changing for many of our Goodwill employees. It has helped homeless individuals get back on their feet and provide a roof over their head, employees have not had to worry about stable housing due to short bouts of unemployment or medical issues, and it has truly been a blessing to many of our single parents who have experienced a setback. Gifts of Kindness is ultimately responsible for helping Goodwill employees overcome barriers. Thank you!
Christi Meuser, Family Strengthening Coordinator, Goodwill Industries
Grants from the Gifts of Kindness Fund, usually between $500-$3,000, are awarded to nonprofit partners that work with individuals and families experiencing a sudden hardship. Those funds go directly toward expenses associated with that hardship.
Often, these expenses are related to housing, transportation, and assistance with utilities. Others include, but are not limited to, medical bills, food, and clothing.
The Columbus Foundation does not apply for Gifts of Kindness on behalf of individuals. We partner with nonprofit organizations in Franklin County, Ohio to support individuals during difficult times. Please connect with one of the partner organizations, or contact Lutheran Social Services’ 211 line for referral services.
You can give to the Gifts of Kindness Fund here.
Gifts of Kindness Nonprofit Partners
- Advocating Opportunity
- ASHA-Ray of Hope, Inc.
- At Home by High
- Broad Street Presbyterian Church—COMPASS
- Catholic Social Services
- Center for Family Safety and Healing
- Center for Healthy Families, Inc.
- Central Community House of Columbus, Inc.
- Clintonville-Beechwold Community Resources Center
- Community Development for All People
- Community Housing Network
- Community Refugee and Immigration Services (CRIS)
- Down Syndrome Association of Central Ohio
- Ethiopian Tewahedo Social Services
- Franklin County Family Recovery Court
- Freedom a la Cart
- Gladden Community House
- Goodwill Columbus
- The Homeless Families Foundation
- Hilliard Food Pantry
- Huckleberry House, Inc.
- IMPACT Community Action
- Jewish Family Services
- LifeCare Alliance
- Lower Lights Ministries
- Lutheran Social Services of Central Ohio
- Maryhaven, Inc.
- Military Veterans Resource Center
- The Mother Ship
- Move to PROSPER
- Neighborhood Services Food Pantry
- New Directions Career Center
- Physicians CareConnection
- Riverview International Center
- Salvation Army (Central Ohio)
- South Side Early Learning
- St. Stephen’s Community House
- Star House
- Volunteers of America Ohio and Indiana
- Westerville Area Resource Ministry (WARM)
- YMCA of Central Ohio
- YWCA Columbus