The Columbus Foundation's General Scholarship Application is the best way for high school and college students to apply to more than 100 scholarships listed in The Columbus Foundation's online scholarship directory.
What is required to apply?
Each scholarship is different and has unique requirements. However, the most common requirements are listed below.
- One-Page Essay: why did you choose your major or course of study (what are your goals if you are undecided) and what would receiving a scholarship mean to you?
- Student Aid Report from Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Volunteer or Work Letter of Recommendation
- Academic Letter of Recommendation
When are the applications due?
Online applications (available for more than 100 Foundation scholarships) are due March 1, 2023.
Scholarships with applications that are not part of the online application process may have their own deadlines. Check the Foundation's online scholarship search for more details.
What is the selection process like?
- Each scholarship has its own selection process and guidelines.
- Selection Committees for the online applications due in March will review student applications in April and May. Decisions will be sent to students via email or mail in May, June, and July.
- Please feel free to email email@example.com with questions about the process.
How do I request scholarship payment?
- As a scholarship recipient, you will receive an award letter that contains instructions and forms to request payment.
- Proof of Enrollment forms are for the first payment request of a scholarship (or the only payment request for non-renewable scholarships). The form must be completed by your school’s registrar and returned to the Foundation to request payment.
- Registration Renewal forms are used for renewable scholarships and ask for additional information that will verify that you, the recipient, are maintaining the renewal requirements. The form must be completed by your school’s registrar and returned to the Foundation to request payment.
- If your school does not complete Registration Validation forms, you may send a copy of your transcript and class schedule for the coming term. Screenshots must contain your student ID number, full name, school’s name, and address for either the transcript or the schedule. Official transcripts are not required.
I sent my Proof of Enrollment form to the Foundation. How do I know if payment has been sent?
If you would like to find out about the status of your scholarship payment, contact us.
What if I don’t meet the minimum requirements to renew my scholarship?
If you do not meet the minimum requirements to renew your scholarship, contact us.
Read more Frequently Asked Questions