Contact: Amy Vick, email@example.com or 614/251-4000
BACK TO NEWS & REPORTS
Columbus, OH (June 11, 2019)—The Columbus Foundation is pleased to announce participants in its 2019 Summer Fellowship Program. Celebrating its tenth year, the program provides college students, recent college graduates, and graduate students the opportunity to work with central Ohio nonprofit organizations for a 10-week period.
A total of 13 organizations and fellows were selected to participate this year, with each fellow receiving a $6,000 stipend for their work.
The 2019 Summer Fellows
Launched in 2010, the Foundation’s Summer Fellowship Program supports the next generation of nonprofit leaders. It offers “real-world” experiences while simultaneously offering host organizations support for their incredible work in our community.
2019 Summer Fellows and Nonprofits:
- Best Buddies International, Inc—Emily Callahan of Bexley, and graduate student at The Ohio State University, will assist with outreach and engagement to attract new volunteers, and to increase national conference attendance.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Ohio—Aubrey McKee of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and student at The Ohio State University, will develop and implement a marketing plan to attract new mentors for the 2019-2020 school-based mentoring program.
- Community For New Direction—Soncerrae Davis of Circleville, and recent graduate of The Ohio State University, will assist staff with operation of the summer day camp programs.
- Cristo Rey Columbus—Liz Webb of Bowling Green, and student at The Ohio State University, will work with students and staff to plan events, develop a social media plan, and launch an oral history project.
- Grange Insurance Audubon Center—Mckenzie Scott of Columbia, Maryland, and student at The Ohio State University, will assist with community events, outreach activities, and 10-year anniversary planning.
- The Homeless Families Foundation—Hannah Graber of Hilliard, and student at Ohio University, will assist with operation, planning, and implementation of children’s programming for the summer food service program.
- KidSMILES Pediatric Dental Clinic—Katie Brown of Strongsville, and student at The Ohio State University, will develop and launch a social media marketing campaign to build program awareness and attract new volunteers.
- Lower Lights Ministries—Ladan Barnes of Columbus, and recent graduate of Otterbein University, will develop and implement drug education programming and activities for summer camp participants.
- Ohio Wildlife Center—Sarah Elfers of Wadsworth, and student at The Ohio State University, will help staff develop and launch a marketing campaign on print and digital platforms.
- Peggy R. McConnell Worthington Center for the Arts—Kelsey Brown of Milford, and student at Otterbein University, will work with staff to implement summer arts camps, parent engagement, and a social media campaign.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Ohio, Inc.—Alexander Paquet of Troy, Michigan, and student at The Ohio State University, will work with staff to establish new partnerships, and to create a strategy for the Team Cuisine program.
- Siemer Institute—Ashley Wright of Glendora, California, and graduate student at The Ohio State University, will work with staff to identify effective practices used by partners to share within the learning network.
- SON Ministries—Mary Imre of Delta, and graduate student of The Ohio State University, will build and launch a print and digital marketing campaign focused on promoting the summer lunch program.
Stay up to date with the students’ experiences by reading the fellow’s blog.
Learn more about the Summer Fellowship Program.
ABOUT THE COLUMBUS FOUNDATION
The Columbus Foundation serves more than 3,000 individuals, families, and businesses that have created unique funds and planned gifts to make a difference in the lives of others through the most effective philanthropy possible. Nearly 75 years strong, The Columbus Foundation is Your Trusted Philanthropic Advisor® and among the top ten largest community foundations in the United States. Learn more at columbusfoundation.org.