The Columbus Foundation Disaster Relief Fund is mobilized during such times to support ongoing relief efforts local to the areas of disaster.
SUPPORT DAYTON-AREA TORNADO VICTIMS: On May 27, multiple tornadoes, including a powerful F3, tore through the greater Dayton area causing significant damage and devastation. The Columbus Foundation has mobilized The Columbus Foundation Disaster Relief Fund to help you provide support for thousands of fellow Ohioans impacted by the tornadoes. Donations to this fund will benefit the Greater Dayton Disaster Relief Fund at The Dayton Foundation, and the American Red Cross, which is responding to current emergency needs in the affected areas.
Through disaster relief efforts, the Foundation's Community Research and Grants Management team identifies the most effective organizations that are often the first and last responders.
Past disaster relief efforts include:
- Hurricanes Michael and Florence — September 2018
- California Wildfires – October 2017
- Hurricane Harvey, Irma, and Maria Relief – August-September 2017
- Tainan Disaster Relief – February 2016
- The Carolinas Flood Disaster Relief – October 2015
- Ebola Epidemic – October 2014
- Philippines Super Typhoon Relief – November 2013
- Oklahoma City Tornado Recovery – May 2013
- Japan’s Rescue and Relief Efforts – March 2011