Summer Fellowship Program
The Summer Fellowship Program engages young leaders in the sector through career-related work with selected nonprofit host sites for a 10-week period. Fellows receive valuable experience through their work and immersion with the host sites, and the nonprofits benefit from the increased capacity Fellows provide through the completion of, or progress made towards, a specific program or objective. Inspire the next generation of nonprofit leaders by hosting a Summer Fellow at your nonprofit!
Watch past Summer Fellows describe their experience or read about it first-hand on the Fellows’ blog.
- The 10-week fellowship for 2024 starts June 3 and ends August 9.
- Nonprofits must have a specific project or program to assign to the Fellow with specific objectives that will be completed during the 10-week period.
- Organizations selected will receive a grant to cover a stipend for the Fellow.
- All Fellows are required to work full-time as designated by their host organization.
- Fellows are matched with nonprofits based on interests, skills, and the nonprofit’s specific needs or objectives.
- Applications must outline a specific project with clear scope and description that can be completed by the Fellow during the 10-week program.
- Organizations must designate a specific supervisor, desk/office space, and supplies (e.g. computer) for the Fellow.
- Organizations must attend opening and closing sessions, and allow the Fellow to attend occasional learning sessions highlighting topics regarding nonprofits.
- Applications from hospitals, colleges, universities, and government entities are not eligible to apply.